Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day

Have you ever wondered what's the purpose of having a "so and so day" ?

I suspect it's the capitalists from the western countries trying to sell their ideas to their gulible eastern counterparts. In doing so, they are able to sell their goods in Asia. According to my now-unable-to-speak grandmother(sad sad), she says that in her days there won't such things as Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day etc etc etc.


If you so much as respect and love ur mum or dad or someone who is internationally celebrated and marked by a special day on the calendar, I don't see a need to have a special day to remind us of that person!


Love and respect for the other person must be continuous and unyielding. You can always get ur mum/dad/valentine a gift every day! I am sure they will be pleased! haha ( if ur pocket is deep enuff ).


Being the youngest in the family, i must admit that i m very fortunate to have so many ppl in my family always giving in to me. In a way, i feel that it's a bad thing becoz i haf become unreasonable and demanding at times. Being nice and thoughtful have never been in my dictionary. Whenever i quarelled with my mum, Taiwanese political forays can step aside. ( don't be mistakened! no physical contact )

I am trying to change but changing takes time....

So this year, i have decided to be nice to her and i got her something expensive.haha...usually bribing works with my mum.



Some tips to take a picture where the object is shiny/white/reflective. Do not use flash, find a well-lit area where sufficient light falls on the object. You won't see the object if you use flash! Where possible, contrast the object with a dark background. It brings out the object nicely. I was my sec sch photographer, thus, a little tricks here and there i still know lah. I have since hung up my lens.haha. With the super Ixus, powershot blahblahblah digit cameras, the skills of photography have been greatly compromised. Hey, i m not complaining coz with these high-tech toys, u can have beautiful pics without having to fret much.

No comments: